In this episode, I’m getting a bit vulnerable and talking about something extremely near and dear to my heart: my family.
In particular, I’m going to share what the world-rocking, life-changing transition of raising our boy, Samuel, has taught me about entrepreneurship.
I remember those first few months of Samuel’s life.
My business was only 6 months old when he came into the world, and I remember there being SO much to do.
I thought, “am I ever going to get any work done again?”
Business goals? No way. Our new goal was just to keep this little human alive and it was a 24-7 gig.
But as the dust settled and our new family got into a flow I began a quest to do family well – not at the exclusion of my business – and vice versa.
As I write this, Samuel is turning three this week!
So join me as I share some of my biggest lessons from fatherhood and how my boy has made me a better entrepreneur.
You may also get to hear a little bit from Samuel 😉
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How my relationship with time has had to change after leaving my 9-5 and running a business from home, with a little one around
- How I’ve learned to let go of control and that’s resulted in a more fun and productive work/life balance
- How my own fears have caused me to struggle with rest and how I’ve had to change my views on taking time off
- How little Samuel has taught me the value of play and how play positively impacts my life and my business
- How I’ve set boundaries to ensure I don’t burnout and my business AND my family gets the best of me
- The importance of having a big WHY in your business and how my family drives me and my goals
Join Us Next Week for Free Trainings, Resources, and Live Website Coaching
On March 16, 2020, we’ll be kicking off a week of live trainings, free resources, and therapy website support to help you get the most out of your website, no matter where you are in the process.
Click here to join Website Elevation Week and make sure you don’t miss out on getting your website in order.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
If you’re not yet subscribed to the podcast I want to encourage you to do that today. This is the best way to make sure you don’t miss an episode! Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
And if you’re feeling extra generous, I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Reviews help others find the podcast plus I’d really love to hear what you think! Click here to leave a review. Just click on “Ratings & Reviews” then “Write a review.” Let me know what you like best about the podcast.