In this episode of The Private Practice Podcast, you’re going to learn how making clinical supervision a part of your private practice can help you uplevel your business and career growth.
The trouble is, with the current associations available to therapists and confusing state licensing protocols, it can be hard for supervision-seekers to find a supervisor with whom they resonate.
After all, new graduates are looking to start their careers off on a solid foundation, and a great supervisor can truly impact the trajectory of their careers as mental health professionals.
But someone is solving the problem by connecting supervision-seekers with supervisors across the United States…
Enter Dr. Amy F Parks.
Dr. Parks is a licensed therapist with more than 35 years of experience in the mental health field. She is an LPC and a Nationally Accredited ClinicalSupervisor.
She’s also the creator of The Clinical Supervision Directory.
The Clinical Supervision Directory (CSD) is the first directory of its kind in the mental health profession. Previously, mental health professionals like LMFTs, LCPs, and LCSWs relied on inadequate, often piecemeal, information when searching for a clinical supervisor to begin practicing therapy
The CSD changes the old ways of searching for supervision completely by providing a one-stop-shop for supervision-seekers to research and find the supervisors that are best for them.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The story behind The Clinical Supervision Directory and why Dr. Amy created it
- The biggest challenges new therapists face when trying to find the right clinical supervisor
- How clinical supervision can be the next step for your career development
- Ways to get your name out there so you can find supervisees and grow your clinical supervision
- How joining The Clinical Supervision Directory can help improve your SEO and social proof, helping you be seen as an expert in your field
Email Dr. Amy for A Discount Code
If you’d like to list yourself as a supervisor on The Clinical Supervision Directory, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a special discount code available for The Private Practice Elevation Podcast listeners.
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
If you’re not yet subscribed to the podcast I want to encourage you to do that today. This is the best way to make sure you don’t miss an episode! Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
And if you’re feeling extra generous, I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Reviews help others find the podcast plus I’d really love to hear what you think! Click here to leave a review. Just click on “Ratings & Reviews” then “Write a review.” Let me know what you like best about the podcast. Thank you!
Links mentioned in this episode:
About Dr. Amy F Parks
Dr. Parks is a licensed therapist with more than 35 years of experience in the mental health field. She is an LPC and a Nationally Accredited Clinical Supervisor.
- Areas of Interest: Children, Teens & Families
- Owner/Clinical Director @ The Wise Family, Counseling, Assessment &Education in Northern Virginia www.thewisefamily.com
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Virginia
- PhD, Educational Psychology, specialty Developmental Neuroscience
- Adjunct Professor, TCSPP
- Clinical Supervisor, HCA Health Systems
- Chief Executive Office, CSD Launched July 1, 2021 (conceived Nov 2020)Planned partnership with ACA’s 55,000 members and 460 CACREPUniversities nation-wide