Thursday Is The New Friday
In this week’s episode of The Private Practice Elevation podcast, you’re going to learn how to do more work in less time.
Most of us have grown up in a culture where that 40-hour workweek has been the accepted norm.
Whether you’re a private practice owner with a flexible schedule or not, most people accept that Monday through Friday is work time and the weekend is for (ideally) play and rest.
But what if you could work only four days a week and get more done that you did in five?
Wouldn’t you want to implement that schedule? Make more money AND get more rest?
In his new book, Thursday Is The New Friday, Joe Sanok challenges our acceptance of what the typical workweek is and teaches us how to get more done in less time.
In Thursday is the New Friday, author Joe offers the exercises, tools, and training that have helped thousands of professionals—from authors and scholars to business leaders and innovators—create the schedule they want, resulting in less work, greater income, and more time for what they most desire.
If you’re feeling burned out and in need of a fresh take on your work schedule so you can get more rest, listen to this episode.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How and when the 40-hour work week was created
- Why the shift is happening from this long-held structure to a more flexible work week
- How COVID has impacted and deconstructed the 40-hour work week
- How research shows that productivity is greatly improved when working a 4-day week vs a 5-day week
- What “vigilance decrement” is and how you can combat it to be more productive and efficient in your work
- The F.I.R.S.T. Method for getting more done faster to begin working less and increase your productivity
About Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok is keynote and TEDx speaker, business consultant, and podcaster. Joe has the #1 podcast for counselors, The Practice of the Practice Podcast. Joe is also a writer for PsychCentral, has been featured on the Huffington Post, Forbes, GOOD Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Entrepreneur on Fire, and Yahoo News. He is the author of five books and has been named the Therapist Resource top podcast, consultant, and blogger.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Thursday Is The New Friday – Amazon (affiliate link)
- Joe Sanok’s website
- Thursday Is The New Friday – Book Website
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
If you’re not yet subscribed to the podcast I want to encourage you to do that today. This is the best way to make sure you don’t miss an episode! Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
And if you’re feeling extra generous, I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Reviews help others find the podcast plus I’d really love to hear what you think! Click here to leave a review. Just click on “Ratings & Reviews” then “Write a review.” Let me know what you like best about the podcast. Thank you!